How to get full os-js

I’m trying to use os-js on my chromebook but don’t know much about it. I don’t know how to get the full verson instead of the demo version.

I’m not aware of a way to install this directly on your Chromebook.

You’d have to check out a hosting service. OS.js runs on node.js so there are plenty of alternatives, even free ones like:

Full version source code is here: https://github.com/os-js/OS.js

I’ve been trying Heroku, but I keep getting an error message that says “No default language could be detected for this app”

Just tried deploying via Heroku CLI and that worked just fine. I just had to tune the package.json file to make deployments work properly on this platform without using Docker:

1. Change engines.node from >=10.0.0 to 14 (resolve following error: Error: error:0308010C:digital envelope routines::unsupported that comes from a Webpack issue on Heroku)
  2. Change scripts.build to webpack && npx osjs-cli package:discover --copy
  3. Add scripts.start as node src/server/index.js --port $PORT

You can find a copy of the changed file on my gists.

Not sure what method you’re using (I did not get this error with the CLI), but you probably wanna consult the documentation. I’m not really familiar with this platform.

I just tried doing that and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help

But could I ask how do I get more apps than just the preinstalled ones?

All packages are installed with npm (or you can just add them manually to the package.json dependency list).

Refer to the manual or github org page for available packages.

Thank you! I just installed xpra, and the GBA emulator