WebBrowser component

Hello

Tell me please, how i can add WebBrowser component?
I finded only this: https://github.com/os-js/OS.js-experimental/tree/master/WebBrowser
but this WebBrowser have compability os.js v2.1.0

So, maybe some have webbrowser for os.js v3.x?
Or how i can modify this WebBrowser to use with os.js v3.x?

Thank you!

Hi,

That “WebBrowser” application is more of a concept thing, because when you’re running OS.js in a browser, there are quite some limitations on what you can do with an iframe. In Electron/NW or things like that, it’s not much of an issue.

To make it work in a browser environment it needs to display the contents via a proxy (you know, kinda like the “free proxy” stuff you find online). I was planning on starting on that, but have not found any time for it.

Probably easier to make a new one for v3 – it’s just a basic iframe with some buttons and such.

Hi, I just created an account to reply to this,
There is zombie.js (haven’t looked around for others) which seems like a cool thing to use for this case. I understand that you want the web browser component to work like a standalone webpage in an iframe, but what if we can use the web browser as a remote browser that will work just like (almost) a browser? Not the advanced features, but just the download and upload feature which will use the server storage as I am hosting it in my server to manage and edit my files without logging into the cPanel, it would also be useful if I could download files directly to the server from the web, and also upload it from the server to some other site to save the round trip time of from server to local pc to remote site?

I’m not sure I understand. Zombie.js is a headless browser solution, so this would not solve the question OP asked.

r? Not the advanced features, but just the download and upload feature which will use the server storage as I am hosting it in my server to manage and edit my files without logging into the cPanel, it would also be useful if I could download files directly to the server from the web, and also upload it from the server to some other site to save the round trip time of from server to local pc to remote site?

As for this, you can use filesystem features on your host system (OS.js server) and bind remote mountpoints if you want to manage files on some sort of remote server (that is not available as a native OS.js VFS adapter, for example Fuse which can connect to pretty much anything).